- If some tracks from streaming platforms in your queue are greyed, you're simply not connected to the network.
- If you have a "time out" message, your network connexion is not powerful enough to load the track from the streaming platform
- If it's not a file from a streaming platform, your file is corrupted (too bad quality)
- If some of your songs don't appear on the edjing library:
To make them available on the app, you just have to download them on your device. To do so, go to the native "Music" library, and click on the three dots near the song you want. Then, select "Make available Offline". The song will be automatically added on your edjing library.
Be aware that as it is explained below, due to copyright questions this procedure doesn't work with Apple Music.
- If your songs are grayed out:
Your file is protected by Digital Rights Management, edjing is not able to read it.